Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Pool day & Adoption News

Last Saturday we got a special treat...my sister was passing through and we were able to meet up with her for dinner :)


We love visiting Auntie Lou!!
 Sunday we went with my friends from school to a relatives lake house to swim. It was a beautiful afternoon and it was so nice to have another pool day even though summer vacation is over!!

Someone is finally big enough for the float :)
We love the pool!!

Larryn loves Delaney!

Amanda brought some yummy cupcakes to celebrate my bday a little early! Emily & Rachel won't be able to join us the night of my birthday, so they went ahead and did something for me :)


The girls!!



Matt & Amanda with my baby girl


Hanging out at the pool

My sweet girl before school one morning ;)


 Last night after Delaney's bath, we let her lay around naked for a bit!! Who doesn't like that feeling, right? ;) She is such a ham for the camera...it's a little ridiculous!!



I LOVE this face...she looks mean :)



Such a sweet girl!!




Today has been kind of a stressful day! I took the day off because my Dad is having surgery today. My original plan was to drive to Nashville with Delaney this morning and spend the day there. My Dad & Stepmom both told me not to come because they would be so worried about me being on the road and just how busy this week is for me. I have Open House tomorrow night and In service Friday so I would have to come back tonight. I really really wanted to be there, but I also understood that my daddy knew I was praying and was there in spirit for sure! I went ahead and took the day off anyway just so I could be with Delaney, and so that I could stay in communication about my dad. His surgery was supposed to be first thing this morning, but it got bumped to noon. However, I just talked to my sister and he still hasn't gone back..it's 2 o'clock in Nashville...I hate it for him because he hasn't eaten since Monday night. He couldn't eat all day yesterday and couldn't eat or drink after midnight. That's a long time to go without food or drink! He also had a close friend pass away suddenly Sunday night :( It's been a very stressful week for him. This surgery is for the removal of his prostate. They found cancer there, and the only option they had was to remove it all. We are praying the cancer hasn't spread, and that the surgeons do not damage 2 very important nerves that will determine some quality of life situations for him :(

Here he is with my sister after they had prepped him...
We also found out last night that our court date on Sept 4 is now postponed. There was paperwork that our lawyer filed but now they can't find it. So it was re scheduled for the 18th, but we found out today that the guardian ad litem can't be there that day, so it's probably gonna be sometime in October now :( I know that the timing is for a reason, but I still worry when it gets later and later. We still haven't terminated their rights and that is very frustrating to me. I know that they probably aren't going to do anything(I'm pretty sure birth father is in jail), but it's still just upsetting that this couldn't have been done faster. Especially when in April we thought it would be final by this summer. I was trying to plan a baby dedication/adoption celebration for a weekend in October, and it's not looking like its going to happen now. I know that is very trivial, but I just wish it would happen soon!!

I have so much going on at school in the next few weeks, and I hope it slows down after that. Delaney is growing so much! I had to take her to the doctor this morning for something and she now weighs 14lbs 4 oz!! She loves baby food so much! She has now tried peas, green beans, squash, carrots, bananas, and sweet potatoes!! She usually finishes an entire portion in one meal! She still loves her avocado too :)

I will try to post soon when I find out about my dad and more about the court updates!! Thank you for all of the prayers :)


No comments:

Post a Comment