Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Thursday, January 12, 2012

Right now I am doing the East TN teacher Snow Dance :) Living here the weather is so unpredictable!! We are in the valley so most of the time snow just passes over us :( As a teacher with 10 snow days BUILT IN to our school year (we lose them if we don't use them), I am all about getting out for some snow :) Anybody who wants to give me the speech on all the time off I have all year, I'm not listening ;) Anyway, the temperature has dropped very quickly tonight and we are supposed to be getting some snow. I would love to have a 4 day weekend!! We are going to Nashville this weekend to celebrate my sister's birthday so it would be nice to have a few extra days off!
This was our "surprise" snow last week! We weren't in school yet so we didn't get out :)
Last weekend Amanda came over and helped me pick out colors for the rest of the house. She also gave me some decorating ideas and told me some different things I'll need to buy. I'm very excited!! We have to paint the nursery first, but after that I'm hoping we'll be able to paint the kitchen, living room, our bedroom and bath. The colors we chose are: Raw Cinnabar for the kitchen (a darker red), Macchiato for the living room/entryway, Saffron Strands for our bedroom (sort of a goldish color), and Roasted Nuts for our bathroom! (chocolate brown). I got these 2 really cute framed pics from Kirklands the other day. I am going to hang them above our night stands!
I seriously think I could spend an entire paycheck in Kirklands or Hobby Lobby! They have such great sales and adorable things :) After Amanda helped me pick colors, we met her husband and Emily and James at Soccer Taco for dinner. The wait was outrageous but very worth it because it was so yummy!!!

The girls
On Saturday we went to lunch at PF Chang's for Vanessa's birthday. Little Hannah is such a ham! She is growing up so fast. She has such a sweet personality :)
Hannah and Auntie playing with the iphone :)
Saturday night we went over to Allen's parents and ate pizza and played Just Dance! Well, Allen, Vanessa and I played!! Nobody else would dare do it :)
    
I love this pic! Check out her face :)




 We are still "waiting" to hear on our private adoption. We did find out earlier this week that the BM still hasn't told her father, and that is all we are waiting on. Once that happens then they will make the final decision and let us know. I think it was really hard for me this week because it has been a month since we were told about this baby. I was very hopeful that when we received the news that we would move forward from there, and instead it has still just been a waiting game :( I know God is protecting us or teaching us patience still, but I am so ready to know something. I want to start decorating the nursery :) Hopefully we will hear either way in the next week or so considering she is due the end of February!!

Last night after church I came home to a not so pleasant surprise....... Sadie had been sprayed by a skunk! This is the second time this has happened. The first was during the summer so we didn't have to worry about cold weather and it seemed easier to get the smell out. This was horrible!! It must have sprayed her 25 times!! Anyway we bathed her in vinegar and apple cider and then some skunk remover shampoo. Then we had to leave her in Hank's crate overnight so she wouldn't try to get on our bed. She thrashed around and cried a lot
during the night, and between that and the strong smell I barely slept :( Needless to say I was exhausted  today and a little embarrassed about smelling like a skunk. It didn't seem too bad at first but throughout the day it somehow got stronger...how is that possible??? I love the girls I work with :) Have I mentioned that? They were so sweet all day about my skunk issue! I tried not to spread my smell too much HA! Allen was able to buy a odor reducer bomb and so he came home during lunch and set it off and took Hank to work with him. When I came home this afternoon I had to open all the windows to try to air out everything. It got a little chilly in the house!! I really hope the smell goes away soon. Well, still praying for snow this evening!! The forecast says up to an inch possible and its going to get really really cold tonight!! So....we shall see :)
I'll leave you with a pic of my favorite little buddy! This was one day over Christmas break during his noon naptime. I mean, really, do you know a dog that sleeps like this, in a chair??
And yes, he is asleep!!! I love my sweet dog!!




No comments:

Post a Comment