Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Thursday, January 19, 2012

Visit to Nashville & House Decoration!!

Well, the snow dance worked last week! We got out Friday :) It was such a nice 4 day weekend!! I spent most of Friday cleaning and trying to get the skunk smell out of our house. A week later it is better, but still there!! I ran some errands Friday afternoon and got some really cute lamps for Marshalls for our bedroom. I am super excited to get started on painting and decorating our house!

We traveled to Nashville to celebrate my sister's birthday on Saturday. They had heard about an opportunity to foster some puppies for the weekend and asked if we would mind. I said of course not!! I love puppies :) When we showed up the lady had told Leslie she would be taking a 4 month old yellow lab. However, she ended up giving her 2 eight week old pups! They were cold, hungry and thirsty when we picked them up! But once we got them in the car they were wide awake and moving around! Then the brown one pooped in the crate....GROSS...and we were ready to be home!!!

After a nice bath and a little cuddle time they were ready to go! They were so sweet and cuddly, and I have to admit....I REALLY wanted to take one home. That did wear off eventually though when I realized they weren't house trained, chewed on things, and would keep me up at night. Not to mention, Hank was not a huge fan! I think he didn't like them because they liked to grab onto his ears and tail and chew on the hair :( Poor fella!!!
Hank and Duke didn't know what to think!!!  
We spent most of the afternoon hanging with the pups! After much debating we decided on the names Sampson (brown one) and Jack (white one).Then we ate dinner at Cinco De Mayo for Leslie's birthday. After that we came home to watch the Broncos...Tim Tebow didn't do so hot :(

Jack & Sampson hanging in the crate!

Precious pup

I was so sad to leave, but Monday Thomas took them to another foster home. I hope they get adopted soon!!
Sunday morning we went to church. Leslie leads worship there and it was awesome! We came back to the house and ate pizza then got on the road. I started reading a book Sat on the way down called The Bungalow. By Sunday evening I had the book finished. It was incredible!! One of the best books I've ever read!! I literally couldn't stop reading!! It had so many twists and turns that I was captivated :)

Monday my buddy Amanda had to get a cavity filled so I watched her son Noah for a bit! He's one of the coolest kids ever :) She said he was very excited about me coming over, and that morning he put gel in his hair and sprayed cologne! HA!!

After that we did a little shopping. We walked into Home Goods and I saw the table I have been looking for! It was an extremely good deal and a beautiful table!! We did some more shopping there and Hobby Lobby and I got several things for our house :)
It looks great in our kitchen!!
I got these for the top of our cabinets!! I love the colors :)
I went to Noah's hockey practice and then we met Allen and Matt for dinner. Allen had to bring the truck to get our table home. I made Allen eat dinner at it Tuesday night. It probably won't get used a whole lot until we have kids or have company over, but I am so glad we found a nice table for a really good deal!! Hank also got a new basket for his toys. I think he really likes it better than his old bucket because he can actually see all of his toys :) HA!!

Tonight I tried out a new recipe...chicken & cheese lasagna. Vanessa gave me the recipe. I am always hesitant to try new things because a lot times I end up not liking what I cook...BUT tonight I loved it!! It was a little bland but very tasty! I think I'll add some garlic next time!

Before the oven...chicken & cheese mixture rolled into the noodles. Spaghetti sauce on the bottom.

Add sauce to the top and sprinkle with cheese.

Bake @ 375 for 30 min! YUMMY :)
Still no adoption news :( We are praying for God's wisdom and guidance and that HE will direct our paths and lead us in the way we are supposed to go. I really hope we have a baby soon.


No comments:

Post a Comment