Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Adoption Update

Hope everyone has had a great Tuesday! This is a busy week for sure :) Thought I'd give an adoption update! We are currently in the middle of the home study process. I feel like we are creeping along. A few weeks ago we had our office visit with our social worker. She just asked us a few questions and got to know us. We were scheduled to have the home visit part this week but she asked if we could change it to next week. Really it shouldn't matter to me, but I guess I feel like everything has been difficult for us so far that this is just another thing that didn't work out the way I want it. Whenever we hit a stumbling block, no matter how small I worry that it is God telling us we are not following His plan. It is so hard to discern what is what! 

Anyway, we have most of our paperwork turned in to Lifeline. We have to do our autobiographies, some discussion questions and then begin our profile. I know my original plan was to have our profile ready to view by October (possibly early). However as everything seemed to take longer I thought maybe it would be more like the end of October. I know that is still very feasible, but I keep worrying that something else will come up that will push it back (like this 1 week delay) Lifeline cannot start anything else until they have our home study and it will probably take 2 weeks for her to complete it and submit it to Lifeline. Anyway I guess I'm asking for prayer and patience because I know that God already has that perfect child picked out for us. These stumbling blocks may be a way for His mighty plan to all fall into place.

School is still going well. Ever since we got our new teacher my class size is ridiculously small ( :) That's a good thing!) I have 17 kids right now! I have only taught one other year with that little of kids and it was great :) I absolutely love my team!! We are still praying together every morning and we went out to dinner for Emily's birthday last Friday night with our husbands. They get along great! We ate good food, had a lot of laughs and just enjoyed ourselves. Here are a few pics:


Happy birthday Emily!
My sweet hubby!

The girls; Amanda, Emily, Me, Jennifer, & Rachel



Posing  
A weird toilet bowl outside the restaurant where we ate.



I hope really soon we will bringing home a sweet baby boy or girl to join our family! I have been praying for the birth mother and the child that we will call ours. I hope God plans on answering those prayers really soon!!! I cannot wait to bring sweet Laney Grace or Eli (still not sure about boy names) home!


No comments:

Post a Comment