Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Merry Christmas!!

Merry Christmas! It's hard to believe that Christmas is in a few short days!! Temperatures here are in the 60's...seriously...I wore leggings and no coat today! As nice as that is, I would love a white Christmas. Not looking like that is going to happen this year though :( It's been a busy few weeks around here. Last week I went to see Breaking Dawn again, this time with the girls from school. Amanda bought Twilight stickers for us all to wear on our faces! HA! I have to say the movie was just as good the second time, if not better. I was able to notice more and I really really like the soundtrack :)

My girls!!
Check out our cool Twilight stickers!

And Amanda brought in candy AND a drink! She learned that from us ;)
Friday was our last day of school before Christmas break. We had pajama day because we let the kids watch Polar Express! And what would pj day be without some really cute baby goats?? :)
Okay..I know that was random! Missy, the one in the middle, has baby goats. So we really wanted to see them and asked her to bring them in! This in no way ties into our curriculum...we just wanted to hold cute little goats!! And cute they were! This is Bonnie and Clyde and I totally wanted to take them home :)
How much cuter can ya get???
Amanda has taken on the task of helping me pick out colors for our nursery and some ideas for the other rooms in our house. We have decided on a pewter gray for the nursery because it will be a good neutral color. If this private adoption of the little girl progresses, then I am going to go ahead and get my bedding and crib. Amanda had some great ideas for decorating and I cannot wait to get started. I know it still may not happen like I have planned, but I have been waiting for almost 4 years to decorate a nursery!! I really am so excited :) We also want to paint our kitchen, living room, bedroom and bathroom. Amanda and Noah came over yesterday and she helped me decide on colors for these rooms. Then I went to Home Depot today and got some samples to look at. We are going to paint the nursery first and get that finished since that is the most important. I am very excited to paint and re decorate our house though!! Here are some colors I picked out today:
We are going to do a red family in the kitchen to go with our coffee theme. We are looking at a lighter brown to beige color for the living room, a gold for the bedroom and a chocolate brown for our bathroom!!
I picked up these throw pillows at Marshalls today. I loved them both but I ended up getting the brown ones. They are soooo cute :)
I also picked up this adorable onesie at Target!! Since we are known as the "rock star" team, I thought it was fitting if I have a little girl!!
Allen and I sort of kicked around the name Delaney the other day. We still really love Laney Grace, but I think Delaney is pretty unique too. I guess we will just have to wait and see once we know we are having a little girl. I don't mind changing the middle name either, since we already have a Grace in our family, but I just don't know what I'd use. Kate and Grace are great middle names but they are already used by both of my nieces :) HA!! Oh well...maybe I'll take a poll on here once we get closer to knowing what's going to happen :) Right now I am just hopeful that we will be adopting in 2012. Whether its this sweet baby girl due in February, or another baby, I am hoping and praying that God will answer our prayers in the new year!

On another note, sweet Hank got groomed today! He absolutely hates getting in the car now. I guess he thinks we are going to leave him somewhere...poor fella :( So needless to say, it took them hours to bathe and trim him. I know it was hard on him and on the groomers. All he has done is lay around the house tonight!! I know he's exhausted after fighting it all day!! But he smells good and looks so clean :)
I love the bandana they put around his neck :)

This picture sums up how he feels when he gets home :)
I think I have finished all of my shopping and I wrapped a lot of presents today too! I have a few more to finish up but that should be about it. Tomorrow night we are having Christmas with Allen's parents and sister. I still can't believe it is already that time of year again :)
I absolutely love seeing our Christmas tree lit up with presents underneath it!! I think it is so beautiful and magical :) I cannot wait until next year, when HOPEFULLY we will have a precious child to share this joyous holiday with. And although I love the tree and the presents, I cannot wait to share the real reason for the season with our children; Jesus!! HE is and was the best gift of all!! Merry Christmas!!


No comments:

Post a Comment