Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Friday, December 9, 2011

More info and Oh Christmas Tree!!

If you read my previous post you know that we have been told there is a birthmother in our area who is considering placing her child for adoption and is interested in Allen and me. The grandparents of the baby know Allen's parents and therefore they know we are interested in adopting. All we know right now are these few things: The BM has other children which these parents are raising; she is due the end of February; We do not believe she has used drugs; The baby is a GIRL!!! We have to wait until after Christmas to move forward for a couple of different reasons. We will be contacting our agency at that time if we do decide to pursue this private adoption because we cannot have our profile on file if we cannot commit. I am praying first and foremost for God's will to be done through this. If we aren't supposed to adopt this little girl then I pray the door will close. However I have a feeling in my heart that this may be the opportunity we have waited 3 1/2 years for.

Last night, Allen and I went to pick out our Christmas tree. We went to a local farm that grows them. They were all so pretty!!

I spent some time decorating it and was pleased with the finished product :)
 I always enjoy putting this ornament on the tree. This is my 1st Christmas ornament. I cannot wait to put it beside our baby's 1st ornament!!!
I also got this ornament tonight at Hobby Lobby. Since we found out today that this baby is a little girl and we could potentially adopt her, I thought I'd go ahead and get an ornament with an L on it for Laney. Even if this doesn't work out we may have a little girl one day, or I could always give the ornament to a friend!!

I love how it looks on the tree :)
Today at school our team wore our candy cane shirts!! Don't we look cute?? We also had a gift exchange! We all got each other such cute stuff!! Rachel drew my name and gave me 2 cute scarves, a necklace and earrings :)





These are the funny gingerbread men my kiddos made!!

We have our team Christmas party tomorrow night and then we have several next weekend! Please pray for us as we continue to wait and see what God has in store!


No comments:

Post a Comment