Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Friday, October 15, 2010

Spiritual Discipline

As I was doing my bible study this morning, something really spoke to me...it was talking about the devil tempting Jesus in the wilderness and then it said that by practicing spiritual disciplines like fasting, prayer, and scripture memory, we can learn to focus on God's guidance and provision! So I've decided to really focus on memorizing scripture. I think that we all need to be reminded of what God's word says daily, but I'm real guilty of just reading the verses and going about my day. Sometimes a verse will pop into my head during situations throughout the day, but how neat would it be to really focus on a daily verse...pray it, meditate over it, share it etc.... This is my goal :) I have been in such a rut for so long now that I really feel like something has to change or I'm gonna go crazy! This is my last official day of fall break and I'm sad :( I've really enjoyed spending time at home with my sweet puppy dog and just relaxing and getting back on track. But I guess I do have to go back to work! Below I've posted a picture of my sweet Hank.... with this cute face, wouldn't it be hard to go back to work???

Today's Verse: Deuteronomy 8:5, "Know then in your heart that as a man disciplines his son, so the Lord your God disciplines you."



No comments:

Post a Comment