Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Thursday, June 14, 2012

Vacation Bible School: The Great Rescue

One thing I absolutely LOVE about our church is that we write our own VBS theme every year. Don't get me wrong, the ones from the bookstores are always great! It's just neat that ours is unique because a child will definitely not see ours anywhere else! This year the theme was The Great Rescue. We had fire trucks, policemen, EMT's and lots more at our church this week. The drama was about a homeless guy named Hank who keeps getting beat up by these bullies. Each night he is encountered by some people who help him (police, fire, hospital etc..) and also a guy named Gary who tries to share the gospel with him. On the final night, Hank gets saved when Gary presents the gospel to him! It's such an awesome story :) The kids not only get to experience this, but also go to games, crafts, snack and a bible lesson every night! We have hundreds of volunteers that make all of this possible!!


Most years I have helped out in crafts! This is a great way to get to know all of the kids and I always have such a great time :) This year however I didn't want to leave Delaney yet so I decided to help with pictures. I thought that would be a good way to still be involved but not have to leave her because she just stayed with me :) I put her in the stroller, or carried her in the sling. She was sooo good and as you can imagine, a big hit the whole week! I'm sure she is exhausted just due to the amount of people touching/holding her!!

Lucky for me, she did sleep some!!
We had such a great time!! Here are a few pics I thought I'd share to document our week! I hope if you have a home church that you get involved in your bible school(if you have it)!! We had 70 children make decisions for Christ this week!! How awesome is that :)

So excited that Delaney got to make her first VBS craft!! A firetruck made out of her tiny footprint ;) I will keep this forever!!

2 year old class :)
 If you are a worker, you can bring your child birth-4 years and they have class for them! It's so neat :) They get to participate in all the fun activities too!
Recreation time!!

My sweet buddies Jessica & Rachel helped in 1st grade!!


Preschool recreation!!

Cooking staff!!
 Another wonderful thing about this week is that I didn't have to cook! The church provides dinner @ 5 o'clock every night for VBS workers and their families! So I got to eat yummy chilli, spaghetti, roast beef, mashed potatoes, and hamburgers and fries this week!! Plus incredible desserts every night too!! You can't beat that!!
Preschool drama time with puppets!! So cute!!

2nd grade girls!
1st grade girl teachers. Amy, Jessica, Rachel & Marcia

My sweet angel sleeping away :) And yes, I did put a hair bow on her EVERY night! People looked forward to seeing how she was dressed :) HA!!

Some great craft workers!!

7th& 8th grade girls!! Another great thing about our VBS!! It goes up to 8th grade!!

Snack time!!
My family!! Allen was able to make it a few nights to help out too :)
"Papaw" Joel & Delaney :) (AKA our Children/Youth Pastor)

He loves this little girl!!
Sweet Sammie! Her parents adopted her from China in February and she has adjusted so well! She is 4 years old and her English is incredible! She was so sweet sitting here coloring :)
Overall we had an amazing week. I always hate to see it end. One pretty cool thing we do everywhere that is a BIG HIT is something called The Lawnmower Song. It's that jock jams song that goes "Ya'll ready for this??" (Don't know if that makes sense :) Anyway, there is this whole dance that is made up to the song. It has motions and everything and kids from 3 all the way up LOVE IT!!! By the 2nd night they are begging to get on stage to dance :) I thought I took a longer video but apparently not. Anyway, you'll get the picture just by seeing a few seconds of it. It is mass chaos but OH SO MUCH FUN :) It is one of the most fun and exciting moments of VBS all week.

And just because she's so cute..here is my little Delaney bug relaxing at the pool the other day :)
Love how her feet are crossed!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment