Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Friday, July 6, 2012

21 weeks

My baby girl is 21 weeks today!


Obviously I am counting and documenting months more than weeks, but every Friday I like to think about how many weeks she is. It makes me remember that Friday morning we were so upset. I think back at how we had no idea at 10:22 a.m. our little miracle was born. I went through that morning like a zombie. Luckily I had a wonderful student teacher who took over and I just sort of "made it through the day." I know, not very professional of me, but hey, I was pretty torn up! At that point all we knew was that the birth grandmother couldn't make any sort of contact with her daughter, so I was fearing the worst. But the Lord was so good to us and He listened and answered our prayers..we just had to hold on a little longer and wait. Only 12 hours later, and we got the phone call that changed our lives. Our sweet baby girl had arrived!


Boy it was not what we had expected :( To hear that your precious child was delivered addicted to drugs is a very scary thing!! Especially when you weren't the one who caused it!! But here we are, 21 Fridays later, and we have an extremely healthy, thriving, beautiful baby girl!!!

Now if we could just get her to sleep through the night in her crib!! :) We have spent the last 3 nights trying to make that happen :) Last night she decided it would be fun to flip herself over from her back to her stomach. So...that was interesting. It would be fine if she would fall back asleep on her stomach, but she won't :( So, pray for us!! I'm hoping it will only be a while longer and she will do it! Right now she is napping in her crib like this...


Interesting way to sleep, but whatever works, right?? We are going over to my in laws tonight because Adam, Vanessa, and Hannah are in town :)  I will post pics from our weekend sometime in the next few days!!!

I think she's starting to like her jumperoo...but she REALLY likes to watch TV while in it...uh oh!!! :)



No comments:

Post a Comment