Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Thursday, July 5, 2012

Happy 4th of July!!

I hope everyone had a happy and safe 4th of July! With an almost 5 month old, this year was pretty uneventful!! HA :) I know we have many years ahead of us of fireworks and festivities!!

This past weekend/week we had a few firsts for Delaney Jane. On Sunday we put her in the nursery during the Sunday School hour. It will probably be a while before we put her in there during church because right now, that is her nap time so it works out perfectly!! She is an angel the whole service. Our youth pastor, Joel(papaw) and his wife Kendra, started a class for the babies in our SS class since there were so many! It's kind of a transition class for those of us who were a little weary of leaving our babies with just anybody!!! Even though it was Joel & Kendra I was still sad. I love having my little booger with me all the time so even that short amount of time away was hard. She of course, did just fine!! Plus she had her 2 best friends with her, Stephen & Gabby!!

The sweet kiddos & workers :) We love Joel & Kendra!!!

Delaney & her Daddy after church :)
Sunday night we had a Freedom Celebration at church. We had a short prayer service and then had a yummy cookout with hot dogs, barbeque, chips, watermelon & cookies! We had to dress festive of course :) This is the Boston Red Sox shirt Allen brought me back from Boston!!

Delaney had several 4th of July outfits, so I had to make them last over a few days so she could wear them all :) HA!!

We also decided this week that we would put Delaney in her crib at night. She has been in the pack n play in our bedroom since she came home from the hospital. I just felt more comfortable having her right there, especially since she wasn't sleeping through the night. Lately she has been sleeping from 9-4/4:30, so we are hoping she will sleep all the way through real soon. Knowing I start back to work in a month(BOO!!!) I felt it was time to make the transition, especially if it was going to take a little while. So, on Tuesday night I fed and rocked her in the nursery and then put her to sleep in her crib.

1st night sleeping in her crib!
Honestly, this was so hard for me and I don't know why!! She was just right across the house from us, but I hated it :( I know in the long run it is better for all of us though!! I literally looked at the monitor forever before I finally dozed off. She woke up at 1 and I tried to just go in, put her paci back in and leave. I also tried to rock her back to sleep. But after an hour, she wasn't having it, so I just fed her and then she slept till about 6:30.

Last night she made it until 2. I tried the same stuff and even laid in the floor of her room so I could be right there to console her quickly and maybe she would go back to sleep. Of course, she didn't, so at 3 I fed her. I am hoping that each night she will go longer and maybe we will at least be back to sleeping till 4 or 4:30 if not through the whole night. I know she is probably just waking up in a new place without us near and it is hard for her. I am praying this is short lived and eventually she will sleep peacefully in her wonderful nursery!!! :) This is one tired mama!!!

Yesterday Allen requested we have a very low key 4th of July!! Poor guy was gone all last week and then he's had to work his tail off this week, so he needed a relaxing day. That was fine with me. As I said before, having a 5 month old limits what you can do anyway so we just sort of hung out at the house and napped a bit too! We went shopping later in the afternoon , then had a nice dinner at Olive Garden (thanks to a gift card I still had!!). We rented Real Steel (Awesome movie if you haven't seen it) and watched it before bed!! Even with the fireworks booming, Delaney fell asleep just fine ;)

 I had to capture some pics of her in one of the patriotic outfits I had her in :)

My red, white & blue cutie!!


Always so happy :)




Happy 4th of July from Delaney Jane :) Hard to believe she will be 5 months old on Tuesday!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment