Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Saturday, July 14, 2012

Teething & A Visit with Nana Glo, Pop & Uncle Nick

On Wednesday, Delaney went to her new babysitter for a few hours. She is a wonderful lady who lives about 10 minutes from the school. She has watched a few other teachers kids and comes highly recommended! I am so glad we found someone we can trust. She will be watching Delaney every day and a 2 1/2 year old boy twice a week, so Delaney will get lots of attention!! Here is my sweet little one Wed. morning...very excited to go stay with Ms. Cindy!!

While she was there, I went to get my nails done and grabbed lunch with a friend. I only left her for about 3 hours, but it was so hard :( Going an 8 hour day will be horrible!!! When I picked her up, she was so happy, and not just to see me :) I could tell she really liked Cindy!! I was so glad :)

On Thursday we went to lunch with Rachel & Stephen! I am TRYING to get in the school mode, so we also went to Target where I racked up on some school supplies. I got a planner and colorful pens ( an idea I stole from my buddy Amanda on how to stay organized), and LOTS of stuff from the dollar section. I mean, seriously..what did we do before the "dollar" section of the store?? Paid a whole lot more for stuff that is literally only worth a dollar??:) I know it is a teachers dream come true all year long! Lots of school type things that are so much cheaper to get than at a school supply store, plus LOTS of good treasure box items!! They had lots of Dr. Seuss stuff and since we study that in March, I went ahead and stocked up. Who knows if it will be there in March?

I love this outfit and the super cute hair bow my best buddy Laura made ;)
(I am doing collages because for some reason every time I add pics they end up sideways, even though they are turned correctly when I edit..so when I do a collage they appear straight on here. Oh well, maybe I'll figure it out!!)


On Friday we met Rachel & Emily at Chick-Fila for lunch! We didn't know it was "Dress like a Cow" day and you get free chicken. So, we didn't dress up, but we did get our picture made with a cow!! There were tons of people there, most dressed up as cows! It was insane. I wish I had taken some pics of people's creative idea for cow costumes :) HA!! After that we ran up to school to work in our rooms for a bit.

Delaney & Noah chilled on my cool beanbags :)

I noticed Friday morning that Delaney wasn't acting herself. When she woke up she sort of threw up/spit up on me. Then when I was feeding her cereal she did it again. She also didn't take much of her bottle. I took her temp and she wasn't running a fever. I noticed she was moving her tongue across her bottom gum and I realized this was probably all related to teething. She also had diarrhea and refused to nap..very weird!! When we came home from school she fell asleep on me and would not let me put her down. She was just pitiful :( Finally around 6 she took an entire bottle and ate her avocado. She seemed to be feeling a little better. Later on though I really felt like she had a fever so we took her temp again and it was a low-grade fever. I was really worried she wouldn't sleep, but surprisingly she slept from 9-6:15 without stirring. I was so glad!! I was really concerned about my little doll baby :)

I can't get this to turn so I'm just posting it sideways :) We took a walk last night and I put Delaney in the front part of the stroller for the first time. I think she really liked being able to see out the front!! She seems so big, yet looks so tiny!!!

This morning we met my Dad, Gloria & Nick at Cracker Barrel in Morristown. Last week my dad found out he has prostate cancer and they are going to have to do surgery to remove it. There are several concerns that have to do with the surgery, but we are praying for complete healing. He is so strong and I know God is using them for something big. It is still very scary and not what any of us wanted to hear!! :( Please pray for my daddy, especially on July 23 when they go to Vanderbuilt for a consultation. We are supposed to go to the beach the following week and it would be great if he was feeling better by then. I am so glad we only live a few hours away so we can try to visit at least once a month. They love to get their Delaney fix :)

Love this pic :)


Me & my sweet family (Allen is taking the pic :)

Me & my daddy!!

Nana Glo getting sugars :)

You can tell Delaney still is a little off today. She's not her usual smiley self!!



Hanging out in the rockers ...

Great visit!!


We came back from lunch and just hung out the rest of the day. Delaney & I took a nice nap!! While visiting with my parents today, Gloria showed me where Delaney's tooth is coming in!! It's so crazy..you can see the white. She thinks it will be really soon..I cannot believe my baby girl is big enough to get teeth. It feels like just yesterday I was holding her in my arms for the first time...Boy how time flies!!


Delaney Jane at 1 day old and 5 months old...such a sweet little miracle!!





No comments:

Post a Comment