Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Thursday, March 1, 2012

Day to Day


Sorry I haven't posted in a few days! Really, not too much has gone on! HA :) We've had a little more low key week, still some visitors but not quite as many :) Tuesday was another beautiful day so we took our afternoon walk again. Delaney and Hank both enjoy it so much, and it's nice for me to get out of the house for a bit!! Tuesday night Rachel Blakney brought us dinner. It was delicious!!! Saucy Island Sandwiches, twice baked potatoes, and monkey bread ;) YUMMMY!! I feel ridiculous having others cook for us when I clearly am capable!! And especially Rachel, who is off of work because she has a baby at home. People are just so generous!! Anyway she hung out for a bit and Joel and Kendra, AKA Papaw & Meemaw came by to visit too! They love this sweet baby that's for sure! Around 7, our sweet friends Kelly & Kalee came by to meet Delaney Jane!
Aren't these ladies beautiful? :) And they are as beautiful on the inside as on the outside!! So blessed to have them as friends!!
After they left, we settled in to watch American Idol. I don't know how many Idol watchers we have this year, but I feel like they let some really good people go home, and some not so good people stay. I really have no idea who I want to win!!

Delaney has been having some gut issues this week. I had started worrying because her poopie diapers were fewer and then none. (Sorry if this is TMI :) So I kept praying every time I changed her that it would be a dirty one! HA :) Oh, how our priorities change, right? So I called the doctor yesterday and the nurse told me a few different things but also reassured me that irregular stools are pretty normal. Luckily she went last night so we didn't have to do any of those ideas the nurse gave me!! Shew....

Wednesday was sort of a lazy day around here. We literally stayed in our pj's all day! I probably wouldn't have even bothered, but Tina had told me about Picky Chick Consignment Sale and really wanted me to come. They open early for new moms to come and shop before everyone else. So, I hurried and got ready and Allen came home a little early from work to stay with Delaney! The sale was slightly overwhelming, but I did come away with some adorable outfits. All of them are very nice clothes, in almost perfect condition and I didn't pay over 5 bucks for anything!! A mommy can get into some trouble in those kind of places, especially if you have girls!! My goodness the amount of stuff they have that is so cute! I thought I did pretty well. I got an adorable basket that matches her room, 2 pairs of shoes, and 13 outfits (mainly dresses) for 59.50! 16 items for under 60 bucks! I think that's a steal. Some of these outfits probably cost 20 dollars new!!
Hard to see, but oh so cute!!

These 2 smock dresses look brand new and were 5 bucks!! Unheard of :) One of them I'll probably use for baby dedication.
I also got this adorable outfit in the mail from my sweet cousin Lindsey!! I just love it!! She will probably be able to wear it next year :)
Last night Allen's parents came by to hang out and love on sweet Delaney! They stayed and watched American Idol with us too. Allen's dad is so much fun to talk to about American Idol. He always has such strong opinions, and he is very musically talented so it's nice to hear what he thinks!!

I thought I'd share a few funny Hank stories on here too! He continues to be such a good dog around Delaney. He spends most nights asleep in front of the pack n play. I like to think he is protecting her!! The other day when I was changing her diaper she was pitching a fit, screaming really loud!! Most of the time if she is crying, Hank will come running. And he did. But this time he jumped up on the bed and started howling. Needless to say I couldn't stop laughing. It was sooo cute!! He also loves to push her in the swing. He is one hilarious dog. Most nights when I get up with her I trip over him because he's right in the way. Last night though, he must have been off duty. He slept ALL night, through all the feedings, in Allen's recliner in the living room!! And where did I find him a little while ago???

He is such a funny dog!!!!
Joel & Kendra are bringing us dinner tonight, and my sweet friend Lori from school is coming by! Tomorrow night I have tickets to see Brad Paisley, The Band Perry, and Scotty McCreary. I've been hesitant about going because I don't wanna be a loser mom right off the bat and leave my sweet baby!! But Allen will be home with her and I know he will do great! I'm going with my girls from school, so it will be nice to visit with them and hang out. Plus it's an awesome country concert!!!
I'm sure I'll post some pics from that in the next few days :)
I better go wake up my beautiful baby girl!! It's time to eat again :) HA!!
It's upside down again...can't figure out what's wrong :)



No comments:

Post a Comment