Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Monday, March 26, 2012

Meeting the family

We had a fabulous weekend in Johnson City & Kingsport! Miss Delaney Jane got to meet several family members who had yet to see her :) We left Friday around 5 and she slept the ENTIRE way :) Not a peep! Hank wasn't so sure about the backseat being taken up by me & Delaney but he made it work. He is used to stretching out..poor fella!
We got to Dad & Glo's and they were so excited to see her! It had been a month!! We ate dinner and hung out.
Pop & Delaney
 My little brother Nick was going turkey hunting Sat. morning with Gloria's dad, so we took him over there to spend the night and let them meet Delaney :)

Grandad & Bootsie (the world's youngest great grandparents!!! Ha!!!


Saturday morning Gloria's mom, "Mama Glo" came by to meet our sweet girl. She loved on her and sang songs to Delaney! 'I'd say music will be in her future in some way! Between my sister and stepmom singing, and my father in law playing all kinds of instruments, this child will be introduced to music :)
Mama Glo & Delaney
We got ready and headed to Kingsport to visit my family! I have lots of relatives who haven't had a chance to meet our sweet girl. We were so glad some of them were in town. My Papa is in a nursing home now so we went there first.
My Aunt Anne with Delaney Jane

Papa checking out sweet girl

Proud great grandpa!!

My cousin Sally with Delaney

Mimi & our little family :)
After that we headed to Baysmont where my great Aunt Lib lives. She was so excited to finally meet our precious miracle!!
Lib & Delaney

Nana Glo getting some love too :)

Aunt Lib and our family :)
When we got back from Kingsport Allen and I took Delaney over to see one of my long time friends, Cassi. We met in Kindergarten, and just in the last few years, started hanging out when her family moved to Knoxville. Now they live in Johnson City again, so we were so excited to bring Delaney by to meet them! Cassi has 4 sweet little ones, but the only one there was her youngest Jeremiah. He wasn't sure what to think about his mommy holding a baby ...
Cassi with Jeremiah & Delaney

Best friends & their babies :)

Cassi's sweet mom, Terry who was SOOO excited to meet our little one. She has been praying for us for a long time!!
Saturday night we went out to dinner and then came home and relaxed. We got up yesterday morning and took a few pics before heading home.

Delaney with her Uncle Nick ( I love this sweet picture)

Pop, Nana Glo, Delaney & Uncle Nick

I love how Hank joined the picture too!!
On our way home, Allen's cousin Misty called. She lives in Virginia, but was at his parents house. So we stopped by there for her to meet Delaney.

Misty & Delaney
All in all it was a wonderful trip! I feel like I packed the entire house between stuff for Delaney and Hank :) HA!! She is such a good traveler and I am SOOO glad. I don't know that we could deal with road trips where she is unhappy. But then again, she is such a happy baby, so we really shouldn't have anything to worry about. My Mom and Stepdad, Dan, are coming in next weekend and I am so excited for them to see her. Dan hasn't met her yet, and Mom will be so surprised at how much she has changed :)

I had to share this one last photo. I took it on the way home yesterday. They are both sound asleep and I love how Hank has his head on her car seat. He is such a good big brother and loves this little girl so much!!



No comments:

Post a Comment