Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Tuesday, February 7, 2012

The Best Day!

Let me just start out by thanking everyone for all of the prayers! I know we have only gotten this far because God is hearing our prayers. We have been very anxious, wondering if we were going to meet the Birth Mother and get to go to a doctor's appt. We finally were told her appt. was Monday, Feb 6th and she wanted us there! Allen and I have been at peace about the whole thing. We feel very hopeful, but also know that things may not work out. I wanted to post a few things I got recently...

I couldn't resist! A Marshalls' cute buy! It also has a cute navy dress with it :)

Rachel from school and her hubby Greg picked these adorable blankets out :)
We have had so many friends over to give us things and bring us stuff! Rachel from church got us some bottles, pacifiers, nipples, and a thermometer! And Jessica, from our Sunday school class let us have her daughters baby tub! She also gave us a sweet outfit she had never worn. We are just overwhelmed with how generous everyone is! I can't even imagine what it will be like when we bring her home!!

So Monday finally came! I was pretty nervous at school. I left around 1:15 and Allen came to get me. On the way there I tried to relax and just pray that everything would go smoothly. I really had no idea how things would work. How would she know who we were? Was it going to be uncomfortable and weird? Well, we waited in the lobby for a few minutes and then an older woman and her daughter walked up to us and we figured out pretty quick, it was them. From the moment we met C, she was full of joy. That is the only possible way I can describe it. For her to be meeting the couple who she has chosen to parent her baby, she was extremely calm and confident. I'm not sure what I was expecting. She told us she would go back first, but then we could come back for the ultrasound and ask the doctor any questions. I was pretty excited about the ultra sound because I wasn't sure if she would even have one this late in her pregnancy. We waited in the lobby and talked to her mom. She was so sweet and even though she seemed a little uncomfortable, I think she was also excited for all of us.C came back out into the lobby and we shared with her a little bit of our story. We let her look at our profile book and told her she could keep it. We talked about how we started the adoption process in June, sent our last profile fee Dec 8th and that her mom called Dec 9th. She then said with a smile, "Well, the baby was conceived in June." Wow! I was just amazed. It was definitely a moment where I felt like I got to see a small part of God's big plan :)

The nurse came and got all of us. C told us that the nurses knew the situation and said it was fine for us to be back there with her. We sat down in the ultrasound room and waited. When the nurse walked in she smiled at C, then looked at Allen and me and said, "So, you all are the parents?" I honestly didn't know how to answer. In my mind, this little girl was ours. But here is her biological mother sitting in the room getting ready to make the biggest sacrifice of her life and I didn't know how to respond. I think Allen and I just smiled and sort of mumbled and nodded!! She started to do the ultrasound and I reached over for Allen's hand. I had imagined this day for so many years. Obviously, my dream was to be in the chair with a child growing within me. But I have to say that although this baby girl isn't in my womb I already love her. She was already face down so they were unable to get a face shot yesterday. We did get to see and hear her heartbeat which was pretty incredible!! The nurse spent a lot of time trying to find different things to show us. We got to see her spine, some toes, and even some hair! They were able to print those pictures off for me and also went back to past visits and pulled up more shots of her face and profile! I think she is beautiful and I almost think she may have a nose like me and Allen!!
This is an older ultrasound but it shows her little profile :)

This one is the face straight on.

We were able to find out some more information about her and the possible fathers. Right now, there are 2 guys that it may be. We are praying that it will all work out and we won't have a bunch of legal issues. The doctor checked her and she had dilated 2 cm. They did another test and were going to possibly induce her, but instead they want her to come back Thursday morning. If they check her Thursday and things have progressed they may go ahead and induce. She is 37 weeks tomorrow. So, yes, that means we may become parents before this weekend! How exciting! She asked us to come back to the appt on Thursday so we left with pretty hopeful hearts and a peace about the entire situation. I just feel as we spoke with her that she was certain about her decision and that she knew this was the right thing to do for the baby. She admits that she can barely provide for herself and she wants a better life for this little girl. I told her how many people have been praying for her and the baby and that this little girl will be loved beyond what she can even imagine! Between friends and family, I honestly feel she will have every need provided for her! HA :)

As we left them in the parking lot we hugged goodbye. I can honestly say I felt like we had known her a lot longer than an hour!! That's how our awesome God works!!! We left the hospital making many phone calls and sending some texts!! We were able to share the pictures with Allen's parents and tell them about the visit. When we got home, Allen started to put the crib together. He finished the crib and pack n play last night and the stroller tonight! We are set! Our glider should be here in the next few days and we still have to get a different changing table, but other than that, our big stuff is bought. We took a short break and went to eat with our friends Tina, Shane and their daughter Isabella. They tried for over 10 years before they were blessed with sweet Bella. It was so wonderful to talk to Tina about God's timing and promise.
Bella loves her Allen :)

I have so much more to blog about but I am exhausted!! I will try to post more pics tomorrow!! Hank has been very excited too! He was so sweet last night when we were putting the crib together :) I think this sweet little face says it all!

Please continue to pray for the health of the baby. As of yesterday she weighed 5'14 and the doctor said everything looks great! We are just praying that God will work a miracle and bless us through this beautiful gift of adoption!


No comments:

Post a Comment