Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Monday, February 20, 2012

Home Sweet Home...A Dream Come True

I have imagined this day for years. I have imagined placing a beautiful child in a car seat. I have imagined taking LOTS of pictures. I have imagined smiling from ear to ear until my face hurts. I have imagined walking through the hospital lobby looking around at all the people oohing over MY baby. I have imagined loading that precious one into the car and climbing into the backseat to ride home. I have imagined feeling that unbelievable feeling of, "I'm a mother." That day came true today. February 10th and February 20th, 2012 will be such important days for me for the rest of my life. One is the day my precious little angel was born and the other is the day she came home! This post will mainly be pictures! I will give a little info in between but for the most part I will be posting all the pictures I took to remember this day. We are home now and doing great. I think Hank wonders who she is, but he is going to be a great big brother! This morning the nurses came in and told us that the discharge paperwork was being processed and that we were going home today!! I barely left the room at all because we had so many people to talk to. All of the nurses and doctors had to sign off on everything so it was a long process!
My Mom (GiGi) came in to town last night!

My photo shoot in her going home gown :)




M perfect angel




Can you tell I'm proud???



Gift from Mommy and Daddy..my blankie


Ready and waiting to go home


Me and my girl
So happy!!
Car seat check :)
She's so little :)


Our little family

We will never forget our NICU stay! The nurses were amazing!!
Walking out

Waiting for daddy to get the car.


February 20, 2012...Such a gorgeous day to be taking our girl home from the hospital!
My first ride in the car. Mommy rode in the back with me ;)

Our precious miracle :)


We had to make a stop at Clinton Drug Store to pick up her medicine. She will remain on the Pheno. for a few more weeks. Then we will be completely off of it :) She had several visitors at the Drug Store!! Pam, Jim, Bekah, Braxton, Selinda & Kelly all came out to the car to see our sweet baby! They couldn't get over how sweet and little she was. She was getting hungry so we got home and I fed her. Hank has been very concerned when she makes any little noise! When we pulled into the driveway there were balloons out front that said "It's a girl!" I found out my sweet friend Meredith put them there wanting us to have a nice coming home surprise! Then just a little while after we got home we had some visitors! The Woods family brought us some balloons too! They said somebody must have beat them to it!! Thanks Meredith!! Isabella wasn't sure what to think about Delaney! She kept saying.."I not touch her." :) How funny!!!
Welcome to your nursery Delaney!!

Bella boo visiting Delaney

The Woods family. Such precious friends...LOVE Izzy's face

Love being a mommy!!!

First diaper change at home ;)



Allen's parents came over tonight for dinner. We have had a really nice evening with our little family.
 I cannot tell you again how much we appreciate all of the prayers!! We are so excited that our baby girl is home. We are looking forward to what God is going to do in our lives in the coming months and years. I will continue to update on legal issues and of course to post pictures of the most adorable little girl!! We cannot believe the amazing gift God has given us. She is such a treasured jewel. We love you Delaney Jane!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment