Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Friday, February 24, 2012

Delaney is 2 weeks old!!

Wow! Time has flown since we have gotten home from the hospital!! I can't believe our little angel is already 2 weeks old. It is hard to believe we will be going to our 1 month checkup in just a few weeks. I am savoring all of these moments because I know I will blink and they will be gone. We did go to her first Dr. appt this morning. Because she was in the NICU for so long her first appt was a little later than normal. We decided to use Oak Ridge Pediatrics because I had heard good things about them from several of my friends. We were very pleased with the doctor and the visit in general. She said that Delaney looked great! She actually called her perfect (I agree :) She now weighs 6 lbs 8 oz and is 19 inches long. She is healthy and right on track with where she is supposed to be. We couldn't be more thrilled!! The entire time we were there she was wide awake and alert. She didn't even cry. The doctor told us over and over what a good baby she was.
Hanging out at the dr. appt

Her cute little outfit my mom got for her :)
We cannot wait to see how much she will grow and change before her next visit!!

Besides settling in and adjusting to a schedule, we have had ALOT of visitors this week :) I have tried to document everyone so that I will have a record of it. On Wednesday, our sweet friends Jonathon and Meredith came by with their little boy Sullivan. He will be a year old in just a few weeks. It seems like yesterday that I went to visit them when he was born!!!
Sully was a little bit jealous of his mommy holding a baby :)
Yesterday was a very busy day! We had visitors for about 3-4 hours straight! I know Delaney was exhausted because I sure was!!
I knew that some of my girls from school were coming by so I put her in the "rock star" outfit. I bought this several months ago hoping I'd one day have a little girl :)
My sweet friend Emily from school came by first! She brought us some diapers :)

Next our friend Katlyn from church and her boyfriend Masx stopped by. They brought me lunch and just loved on sweet Delaney. They have been so excited to meet her!!
This picture cracks me up! Allen says it looks like he is rescuing a damsel in distress!!

Next, Allen's Granny stopped by. She has been praying for us to have a child and is so excited to welcome Delaney Jane into the family. She has already given us a quilt that she made! She couldn't get over how sweet she was and kept saying that she looks just like me! HA!!

After that Allen's mom stopped by for a little bit, then we decided to take our first walk around the neighborhood. It was 72 degrees yesterday...so much for our winter weather!! But it was nice to be able to get out and enjoy the sunshine!
Bundled up and ready to go

I can't wait for spring and summer when we can walk every night with Delaney and Hank!!
Me and my sweet girl took a little nap after all the daytime visitors and then around 430 my sweet friend Rachel from school stopped by to meet Delaney and to bring us dinner. She has organized a meal trail online where friends from church and school can sign up to bring us meals. I am just amazed at how helpful everyone has been. Having my mom here this week has been a huge help, but I know after she leaves it will be a little more difficult to get everything done. Especially at first when we can't really leave the house a lot.
She was very alert while Rachel was here!
We had yummy chicken pot pie and salad for dinner!! While we were eating my friend Tessa texted me. Some of my buddies from Andersonville have started a book club and I've been meaning to go. I actually read the book that they were discussing this month, The Bungalow. If you are looking for a good book to read I highly recommend it!! I read it twice...that's how much I liked it :) Anyway, Tessa texted me and said they were at bookclub at Jessica's house which is in my neighborhood. They said they were talking about me! HA :) So I told them to hang tight and we would come down there so they could meet my sweet little girl. They all have boys so they were just tickled pink(haha) to meet our little girl.
Tessa, Cheryl & Delaney. These ladies were by buddies when I worked at Andersonville. They have been praying for us for years :) They were so happy to meet our baby girl!!

Jessica, Delaney & her dog Casey! They are our neighbors and hopefully her little boy Jackson and Delaney can play together :)

Laura & Delaney. Laura also lives in our neighborhood and teaches at A-ville. We are both Phillies fans and her little boy Cameron is such a doll!!

It was so special to be able to see these ladies and spend a little quality time with them last night as we celebrated our precious miracle!! I am so blessed to have so many friends from so many different areas of my life! It really is unbelievable :) My sister actually told me I may have too many friends! HA!!
Last night after we gave Delaney and bath and settled in to watch American Idol, our buddy Tyler came by. Last June we went to the beach with his family. He also stays at our house from time to time to take care of Hank or Sadie. He couldn't get over how little Delaney was :)

I also had to show you the adorable pictures I put in those cute Hobby Lobby frames I bought a few weeks ago. I think they look absolutely precious!!!


   




We cannot get over how sweet and adorable our little girl is. Please continue to pray for her health. We are slowly weaning her off the medication and hope she will be completely fine after all of it is finished. We also are praying for all the legal issues to continue to work out smoothly. We know God is in control and pray he allows us to be Delaney's forever family!!


No comments:

Post a Comment