Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Friday, May 18, 2012

Date Night

Wednesday night Allen & I went on our very first date since Delaney was born :) We have been away from her a few times for court and I've left her for school stuff, but we hadn't left her while we were together doing something. My sweet mother in law offered to watch her while we went to dinner and a movie.

We have wanted to see The Hunger Games since it came out in March. Obviously, having a baby was a bit more important to us, and we just didn't feel like leaving her just yet to go out alone :) Now, let me clarify, we go out ALL the time. Delaney comes with us. And for the most part, that is how it will be. She loves going and we love having her with us. I do think it is important to have time with just you and your spouse though. It doesn't make it any easier to leave her though :)

Allen read all 3 Hunger Games books in like 2 weeks. I might add that my husband DOES NOT READ...like ever. These books got him good though and he just couldn't put them down. I was anxious to see how he would react to the movie since this was the first time he would experience "The book is better than the movie :)"

We left Delaney with my sweet mother in law and headed to eat. We didn't go anywhere fancy (Salsaritas) because the movie started so early. While we were eating we got this picture from Diane (MIL)
I mean, seriously?? So sweet...Made me miss her instantly!!

We even splurged and got a popcorn and drink!!

While we were at the movie, Delaney was having an awesome time with Nana :)

We enjoyed the movie a lot. It was so funny to watch Allen's expression when things didn't line up with the book. Now he knows what I've been talking about all these years HA!! He did like the movie though. It was very nice to get away even if it was just for a few hours :)

We arrived back to get Delaney and she was sound asleep in her cradle, all bathed smelling so nice, with nice relaxing music playing. I told Diane it was like she went to a spa!! HA :) Maybe next time I'll just stay with her and get the spa treatment too ;)

We had another "tiny" milestone last night. We moved Delaney into 3 month sleepers. She has been wearing some 3 month outfits, but we still had her in 0-3 month sleepers. She still fits in them, but it's getting a tad snug :)

My BIG girl :)


We just love this little girl to pieces. Every morning when I wake up I think about how blessed I am. I love that God had this incredible plan and that He needed me to just wait and trust HIM. When I look at our beautiful daughter I truly thank HIM for what we went through. She is the most adorable baby ever and I couldn't imagine anything sweeter.

For all of you out there "waiting" on something, a baby, a husband, a job offer, or anything else, just know God is in control and He will amaze you. Trust me :)





No comments:

Post a Comment